Saturday, May 9, 2015

Teacher Appreciation Gift Idea - Coconut Pecan Oat Granola






Having a mom who was a teacher (she is retired now), makes me appreciate my daughters teachers alot more. I understand all the hard work they put in to enrich our kids life. They are a big role model in our kids life and I feel more than the school ranking it is the quality of teachers the school has is important.  I really love my daughters current teacher and so wanted to do make something special for her.

I had recently tried out this Granola recipe and I love it. This recipe is by Gemma Stafford @ Bold Baking and is not only easy to make but healthy as well. Below is the link to her video and the measurements and the method to make this recipe 

Once I made a batch of this, I put it in a regular mason jar and found this cute printable on pinterest. I wrapped a ribbon around the jar and added a quick label on it.  Does it not look cute? 

How did you make the teachers in your life feel special?

Resources Used: 

"You are Appreciated" Label Link:  http://www.lovefromtheoven.com/2011/05/07/free-printable-labels-for-ice-cream-cups-from-sur-la-table/

Recipe for the Granola by Gemma Stafford


INGREDIENTS
3 Cups (12oz/345g) Rolled oats
2 Cups (10oz/280g) Pecans, chopped 
3/4 Cup (2oz/60g) Shredded coconut
1/4 Cup plus 2 tablespoons (2oz/60g) dark brown sugar
1/4 Cup plus 2 tablespoons (2oz/60g) maple syrup
1/4 Cup (1 ½ oz/46g) Oil (Coconut, canola, vegetable, sunflower)
2 Tbsp warm water
3/4 tsp salt

METHOD
1. Preheat oven to 325oF (160oC).
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour onto a lined sheet pans. Cook for around 45/55 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes to achieve an even color. 
4. Bake until the granola is golden brownie all over. 
5. Remove from oven and leave to cool completely. Transfer into an airtight container for up to 2 months.

1 comment: